Mecalux Drive-in Pallet Racking or Drive-thru pallet racking system
Drive-in Pallet racking & drive-thru pallet racking is ideal for homogeneous products with low levels of turnover and a high number of pallets per article type. The drive-in rack or drive-thru pallet racking system offers the highest use of the available space (area & height) in your warehouse or storage for the most versatile pallet racks facility
Advantages of Drive-In pallet racking systems:
- Optimal pallet racking system for cold stores ( refrigeration & freezer stores)
- Drive-in pallet racking can use up to 85% of available floor space
- Elimination of individual access aisles between the drive-in pallet racks
- Rigorous entrance and exit control to the pallet racking bays
- mobile pallet racking system bases have motors, sliders and several safety systems to ensure safe and efficient operation of the pallet racking system
- Drive-in racking can generally accommodate as many article types as there are loading aisles
- If your not sure which pallet racking will suit your facility contact our design team today to arrange a no obligation site survey by our drive-in | drive-thru pallet racks team
Two management systems are available: the drive-in system, with only one access aisle, and the drive-through racking system, with access to the load from both sides of the rack. This pallet racking system is frequently used in cold storage warehouse (refrigeration and freezing) which require maximum use of space for the pallet storage of products in a controlled temperature. The drive-in racking or drive-thru racking is also ideal for seasonal goods and bulk goods of the same type.
The drive-in pallet racking system works on the FILO pallet movement principle, the need for aisles is removed by having forklift trucks drive-in to the pallet racks to pick and deposit pallets and goods.
A mobile rack can offer up to five times more storage space than a static shelf. A mobile pallet rack, as the term suggests, can be moved, as and when a need arises while a static shelf cannot move without taking it down and putting it back up again elsewhere, taking up valuable time.
Drive-in racking can also be used in construction of clad-rack buildings whose most striking feature is that they do not require the existence of a building prior to construction.
Drive in / Drive thru pallet racking maximize your space